On Monday, April 30th, 2012 we will be moving our Chicago store to a new bigger location at 4453 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60630. There is a parking lot on the side of the building for easy loading, and space for a great new showroom that is currently under construction.
I’ve been on twitter for well over a year now, and it is pretty exciting to find another way on the internet to communicate with people. You can follow me on Twitter: @flooracle. Using a program called Tweetdeck, I have a couple custom searches set up that announce (with a great big ding, I might add) when those search terms pop up. Why would I do this you ask? For a variety of reasons.
First off, there are always people asking how to do something.
- What should I clean my floor with?
- What do I put where the hardwood flooring meets tile?
- What floor finish should I use?
- Anyone know a good flooring contractor in…
If I can help, I do, and hopefully someday they come to or recommend their friends to visit chicagohardwoodflooring.com. Providing training and information on how to use the products we sell has always set us apart from our competition in Chicago. Through the product information we provide online, and the articles and videos we post on this blog, we are looking to spread the word through the internet.
The second reason is networking. I have friended a pretty large group of flooring contractors, manufacturers, interior designers, architects, authors and more. I’ve even had some very nice conversations with some of my online and offline competition! It’s nice to be able to talk with others that are in the same boat as you.
The third, and the “fringe benefit” of my custom searches is the hilarity! Lying somewhere between the apartments for rent/houses for sale and those who send links out to their stores and spammy blog sites, there are some absolutely hilarious posts from people about their hardwood floors.
Below are some of my favorite random flooring tweets They are filed under the “Wow I have new muscles I didn’t know about before I started working on these floors” and the timeless “Tom Cruise in his underwear slipping and sliding on his hardwood floors” departments.
- “So sore from refinishing these damned hardwood floors”
- “going back down tonight to finish sanding top floor of house. What a freaking job… my arms hurt and feel like jello.”
- “Helped install hardwood floors Mon and Tues. Everything hurts, and I'm walking like an old lady now. I dreamt about flooring last night.”
- “I have a new respect for hardwood flooring installers. Ow. One more day of labour till move-in!”
- “Why did the librarian slip and fall on the library floor? Because she was in the non-friction section.”
- “Gotta practice getting up and walking on the hardwood floors. Wish we had carpet in the living room. I lose my balance and fall on my butt.”
- “Watching dog excitedly run through sprinklers, funny. Watching now wet dog try to walk on hardwood floors, hilarious!”
- “Phone rang, and I underestimated the slipperiness of my socks on the hardwood floor.”